Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Under $5.00 Dollar Flag Wreath

Well it's that time of year Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day so who would not want to be festive this time of year with a antique looking patriotic wreath on your front door. If you know me you know I'm always ready for the up coming holidays. So I seen these wreaths on line for over $40.00 bucks and that does not include shipping! I wanted one with out that price tag. So off to Pat Catan's (local craft store) they always have the best selection on grapevine wreaths and they always have metal stars. Lucky for me my old flag hanging outside was looking a little faded and worn so I bought a new one. I took the old flag and placed it in a bucket with instint coffee and water to give it a antique look. Ring out and hang to dry. Not to deface the flag I folded under the extra white and red section under the blue section with the white stars and tacked it with a few stitches. Then I made a running stick to gather the top part of the blue section with the stars used the extra thread to tie the flag to the left side of the grapevine wreath. Then wrap the Flag around the left side of the grapevine wreath. (hard to explain see picture) Now drape it crossed the font of wreath use thread or string to tie to the right side of the grapevine wreath. Attack your metal star over the gathered right side. That's it your done ...hang your flag wreath on your door and display proudly.
Using the American Flag in a craft can be tricky some people feel it's defacing the flag but this flag seen better days flying high outside but now it can continue to be displayed and represent the American pride and spirit. I love my country, my patriotic wreath and love displaying the flag on my wreath on my front door that's my patriotism, pride and spirit the first thing you see when entering my home. God Bless our Troops and the American people.

I love that worn look thanks Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment