Sunday, May 22, 2011

Costume/ Play Fairy Wings (I made for $1.00 dollar)

So I had a challenge ahead of me. My daughter wanted Fairy wings to wear with her princess dress she's wearing to the Birthday Party she's attending this up coming weekend. So in May fairy wings are just not available. I also need them in white. Found some blue/ teal wings, pink wings but no white. Thank God I'm just a little crafty. Now to make fairy wings and the web is the best place for inspiration and even some times direction.... I found several helpful sites... let's see if I can pull it off. They all used old wire hangers but I had some metal craft wire that would be perfect so I started bending not so bad made one small lop and a large lop then repeated 1 more small and large lop. Attach large lop and small lops with duct tape right and left sides. Cover with white pantyhose. The only thing I did not have was white pantyhose. Found them at goodwill new in package for .50 cents bought to packs. I made my wings for $1.00 dollar. I had ribbon, tulle flowers and glitter I mean pixie dust. So total cost $1.00 dollar.

Picture of my wire wings shaped and taped.


My finished wings. I added some tulle flowers and ribbon in the center to make them more fairy like.


No comments:

Post a Comment