Monday, May 9, 2011

New Recipe I have to share!!!

So my neighbor was telling me about a new recipe she just made with stove top stuffing, chicken and jumbo pasta shells with a cream chicken/ cream of mushroom sauce. Well a few days later I thought about her recipe something new to make for dinner sounded good. Well thank God for the web!!! Typed in a few key words and walla several recipes. So I went with this recipe and add a few of my own touches.
You will need: 1. 4- boneless skinless chicken breast (I buy frozen 3lb bag of boneless skinless chicken tenderloins at Giant Eagle when on sale for $5.97 I can get about 2-3 meals out of it.) 2. Twin box of stove top stuffing. 3. 1- box Jumbo large pasta shells. 3. 1- can of each cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. 4. 2- cups shredded mozzarella cheese. 5. 1- cup mayo 6. 1/2- can milk.

I place my frozen chicken in a baking/ casserole dish sprayed w/ pam to cook. (I like to add some Italian dressing and 2 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp minced garlic and some seasonings.) Cook until chicken is fully cooked, then chop up in small pieces. Cook shells according to box directions. I cooked the hole box of shells but realized I only needed 1/2 box to fill a casserole dish 13 x 10. Cook the stove top stuffing according to box directions. I cooked both bags of stove top stuffing but really only needed a bag  & 1/2 of stove top stuffing. In a large bowl place 1 cup mayo, stove top stuffing when completely cooked and diced chicken along with (I add) 1 1/2- cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Add some seasoning and mix well. Have a casserole dish sprayed with pam. Take your cooked shells drained-rinsed and fill with the stove top/chicken/ mayo mix. Should be enough shells to fill a 13 x 10 casserole dish which my family of 3 only ate a 1/4 of. (They where great the next day for lunch!) Now mix/whisk your 1 can of  each cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup with 1/2 can milk. When well mixed pour over stuffed shells and bake for 45 min. on 350 or until hot. Last add some mozzarella cheese on top place back in oven a few extra minutes until melted. This was easy to make, not bad on cost, if to much split and freeze 1/2 for a later time. You can make this meal in advanced then baked prior to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment