Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How many creations with a torso and tulle....

This all started with a tutu hair bow holder. So recently I seen these cute tutu hair bow holders and figured out how to make them. Cut a torso out of wood cover it with fabric, add a tutu and add ribbon so simple and cute also very functional.

Then I went one step further. It began with needing a small cute gift for the Dance Instructor, assistance's and preschool teachers. Seven gifts not a big price tag and super cute. So........ I know a small wood torso, black paint, glitter, a pin, and orange sparkle tulle, black ribbon and a button. I had everything I needed laying around in my craft bins. Cute 7 small torso's out of wood, paint & glitter, 6" x 22" piece of orange tulle, fold tulle in half long ways use a gathering stitch, glue pin to back of torso add tulle around bottom, ribbon for bow and glue your button. It turned out better then I had thought. Super cute price tag $0.00 had the supplies and better then a pair of plastic vampire fangs!! He! He! He!


Then the light bulb went off again.....torso out of wood, cover in fabric with a cute cream-pink tulle skirt. Mounted to a dowel rod, mounted to a larger board 6" x 5" and a little piece of wood 1 1/2" x 1 1/2", small picture frame. This is my keepsake Dance Trophy. I mounted Kaitlyn's first pair of dance shoes to the large board use the small board to lift up the back shoe, my ballerina w/ tutu skirt and picture frame to place a small dance picture from that year and a little info. All done my keepsake 1st year dance trophy!! Now what else can I make with a wood torso and tulle.....................................? Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment