Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Minnie Mouse 4th Birthday

This is what I hate...went to the party store for Minnie Mouse Birthday Decor & supplies! Well high price tags and not so cute decor. So like always I know I can make it and it will look better and cost me less. So I always buy a pinata but only truly to use it for decor purposes but this was the start to the party decor and colors. Party theme Minnie Mouse  Colors: Black, hot pink and white.


Remember Streams are so cheap and go a long way.
I made this Happy Birthday Banner last year out of material and designed it to hang in the same spot every year for Kaitlyn Birthday so cute and the few bucks to make it has paid off. It also packs away nicely.





Now I have taken this idea from party planning blogs to use a backdrop to create a better party theme. A few Balloons my cricut helped me whip up the Happy Birthday banner and add decor. Picture with Kaitlyn in her Birthday outfit. Her Birthday cake.

Now I looked everywhere for a Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake with no luck so I improvised. I went to my local Grocery store who does have great tasting cakes and order a princess cake the colors with white and hot pink was perfect but had them leave off the cake topper and I got my own topper which I found the Minnie Candle at the party store and bought the Minnie Mouse Birthday Party toy doll set and used some of the items for my cake topper.

This picture the colors are off so I included a picture below before I add all my toppers. So you can see the true colors of the cake.





Better photo of the true colors of the cake.

Now I bought large party napkins in hot pink with black silverware and add a little decor to them.

Then some cheap white bags and the cricut made my cute gift bags!


Gift table


Then I made treats and Minnie Ears for Kaitlyn to pass out at Dance class and just treats for her to pass out at preschool.

Minnie Ears

Now to make these treats it's small oreo cookies with large oreo cookies and lots of chocolate.

This is a cute and simple idea as well... a cheap plastic kids sand bucket in hot pink...I dressed up to carry the treats and Minnie ears in.

This was the invite we sent out to Family!!

 We made this flag holder 2 years ago and we sure have used it. We hang a Birthday flag and balloons on it for Kaitlyn's Birthday party and leave it up until after her Birthday!

Now I bought material by the yard for use as the backdrop and table covers and runners when they had them on sale. I just iron seams so that I can reuse the material for future projects. Which is a win, win to a crafter. That's the way to do it. My Mom let us use her black table clothe for Halloween on the dinning room table. Cost savings! The other big money saving tip was Jo-Ann Fabric's had scrapbook paper on sale 5 for 95 cents and for under $10.00 I bought all my paper for invites, envelopes, banners, silverware decor, bucket decor and gift bags! The Minnie Ears I found instructions for on the web but one thing I did to help make them easier to make and they looked nice too was I bought my plastic head bands at the dollar tree and spray painted them black so I did not have to wrap material round them(so much easier) I got 8 for a buck and $1.00 for flat black spray paint the cheap stuff works great! Then Felt for ears and ribbon.
I got the idea for the Minnie Ears here: http://www.thesuburbanmom.com/2010/06/16/how-to-make-mickey-minnie-mouse-ears-for-a-party/  
I got the idea for the Minnie Mouse treats here: http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/09/minnie-mouse-oreo-pops.html



No comments:

Post a Comment