Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Count Down to Halloween Calendar

I'll admit over and over I love to craft and holidays. So to get the kids involved and excited I made these Halloween Calendar for Kaitlyn and cousin Garret last year. Each date can hold some kind of treat which gets removed each day until Halloween. I seen something like this at Pottery Barn Kids and I love their stuff not the price tag so I do what I do... copy. I made 2 of these Calendars for $5.00 dollars each. I used 2 24"x 3' pieces of black felt I bought on sale. Then a orange piece of fabric 19" x 30" with a hem then sewed it to my 1 piece of black felt. Cut 31- 3" x 2 inch squares out of black felt. I used my embroidery machine to add a date to each black square. I also used 2 different orange threads and white thread for 31st. Used the embroidery machine for the Happy Halloween and to add the kids names at the bottom. I bought these cute plastic pumpkins in the scrapbooking part of the craft store and glued them to a pin. Attached to the 31st. Ghost I found pre-cute for a buck at the craft store and a few stitches to attach. to hide all the stitching I sewed a 2nd piece of black felt to the back of the original leaving a gap at the top for my hanger. Hanger is a dowel rod and 2 wooden balls. Drilled a hole 1/2 way threw the wooden balls add some glue and dowel rod. Painted dowel rod black with spray paint and added 2 small eye hooks to attach ribbon for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment