Saturday, October 22, 2011

"BANNERS"

Well it's true I have been bitten by the Banner bug! I love them they can be made from all sorts of materials and items. I have been making material ones but just seen one out of cookie cutters and it was cute! Their big to make to go with your party themes or for holidays. You can make them with paper & glue. A pair of pinking sheers and material along with some bias tape and some simple sewing can make a real nice banner. You can use double sided heat n bond iron-on adhesive to put shapes and lettering on your banners. I have seen some really nice banners out of paper with the use of a cricut. The material banners have a fancy delicate look!
 Here's a few of mine I made:
I made several of these banners for Kaitlyn's Vintage Tea party to decorate with.

I made this one after seeing the Trick -Or-Treat one from Pottery Barn Kids except I wanted something that I could  hang for Autumn and  leave until Thanksgiving.
I made this for a bare corner of Kaitlyn's room.
OK, paper banners from the party stores are nice but a personalized banner out of fabric is nicer and  it folds right up and packs away nicely and looks great when up.  This will be the 3rd year for Birthday banner.


No comments:

Post a Comment