Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Homemade Dance Trophy for Memories

So I wanted a keepsake from Kaitlyn's First Year of Dance.....but what?? So I finally thought of something cute and I will use her first pair of tap and ballet shoes as part of my keepsake. So the plan is to cut a torso out of wood, cover in fabric with a cute cream-pink tulle skirt. Mounted to a dowel rod, mounted to a larger board 6" x 5" and a little piece of wood 1 1/2" x 1 1/2", small picture frame. This is my keepsake Dance Trophy. I mounted Kaitlyn's first pair of dance shoes to the large board used the small board to lift up the back shoe, my ballerina w/ tutu skirt and picture frame to place a small dance picture and a little information. All done my keepsake 1st year dance trophy!!

This now sit proundly up on her bed room shelf. I just love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment