Friday, July 15, 2011

We Built a Lemonade Stand Summer 2011

So I said it months ago that I wanted to build my daughter Kaitlyn and her cousin Garret a Lemonade Stand to use this summer. What is summer with out a lemonade stand. So the search was on. I found directions on building a pull apart Lemonade Stand from this Old House but it was going to cost a $$$ pretty penny to build. Then I ran across a few ideas on the web. But the one I loved the most was the $6.00 thrift store buy a wooden microwave stand converted Lemonade Stand. So me and the kids did some thrift store shopping last week and found this small wooden desk and the fireworks went off!!! The brain just went crazy w/ ideas. So by luck some yellow mess up paint from Sherwin Williams $2.00 and the desk $6.50 not so bad some supplies at Home Depot $15.00 bucks and a few free supplies from home and family. Hay free is good! So I let the kids go hog wild with the yellow paint to get them involved. I already new I was going to have to paint the stand a few times so what the heck...they had paint head to toe but they had a blast. Added MDF board and molding to the front. Removed the old corner shelf  for a larger shelf  that would run all the way across the inside to hold more supplies. Add some 2 x 4's for extra support. Caster to make it easy to move around and some wood on the sides and top to hold the fabric canopy I made. Well as of 7/10/11 this is how far I am. (see 2nd picture) I need to paint 1-2 more coats of yellow paint plus green stripes and to make my Lemonade sign. I also picked up packets of lemonade on this weeks grocery shopping trip and found straws to match and a straw holder. Now napkins, cups and a pitcher to dispense the lemonade and a few other cute accessories and the Lemonade Stand will be open for business. The Grand Opening is free Lemonade for all. I'm creative but when an idea from this crazy mind of mine turns out better then I had hoped I'm impressed. I hope my creativity/ madness inspires someone to give my creations a try.
The Kids had their grand opening on Thursday July 14th, 2011. Thanks to the neighbors for supporting the kids and coming for free Lemonade. It's hard to give Lemonade away when u do not live in a housing development but the few neighbors we have we're very supportive and the kids enjoyed hosting.


$6.50 Thrift store small desk. The kids put the first coat of yellow paint on it!

MDF on the front, molding and the wood for the side to hold the canopy. I did add some wood to the side at the top not shown here.

New shelf across the inside of the stand for supplies and casters (wheels) to move it around easily.


Open for Business. Here is the completed Lemonade Stand. Free Lemonade!

The kids made signs for their grand opening... free Lemonade!






No comments:

Post a Comment